Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Secret Lair Progress so far...

Transferring my scene into 3D....


The first thing I did was to try and get the basic shapes down to create the scene...

I tired to recreate the Dragon Pole from my concept, and I did this using a CV curve and mapping a cylinder to it, that way it would follow the curve i made, I had some issues making the dragons claw, which I have holding the lantern...to solve this problem, I tried to make a human hand and altering it as I went along to make it

The claw isn't too visible in my scene so i didn't spend too much time on it.


Before going into Maya, I went back and tried brainstorming some ideas for else could be included in my scene, I'm still working one what else could possibly added to the scene to improve it, I'll be taking it straight from thumbnail to 3D, if I think it works well...





2 comments:

  1. The hand holding the lantern is looking good bro :D One suggestion, perhaps make the binding between the hand and lantern a bit thicker as it looks a bit too skinny to be holding something heavy, but the spiral 'dragons' have turned out awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly impressed by that serpentine twist you got going there Kinbi. Your scene is looking great! :D

    ReplyDelete